Easy recipes with chicken and bell peppers is a recipe that will become a staple of your family’s dinner routine because it appeals to everyone. It’s flavored with a variety of spices and is paleo, low-carb, and whole30 compliant.
Chicken and Peppers with Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- One medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
In a big skillet, melt 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and brown on both sides in skillet. Remove the pan from the fire and set it aside.
In a skillet, over moderate heat the remaining oil and add the red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and onion. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Cook and stir for 1 minute after adding the garlic. Combine the basil and 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar in a mixing bowl. This is the easy recipes with chicken and bell peppers to cook in dinner time.
Toss the chicken back into the skillet. Reduce to a low heat environment, cover, and cook for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is no pinker and the juices are transparent. Just before eating, add the remaining balsamic vinegar.
Garlic Red Pepper Chicken
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 -inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon good-quality smoked Spanish paprika, like Spice Tribe Pimenton de la Vera
- 2 stems fresh herbs like thyme or oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Optional: 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Add 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- One cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- Add 1 teaspoon red pepper flake
- 1 teaspoon tomato pastes
- The 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- One bay leaf
- 1-2 tablespoons red wine vinegar OR lemon juice
Season the chicken with paprika, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in a mixing dish. Toss to coat the chicken fully, then cover and chill for one hour or better yet, overnight.
In a pan, heat the olive oil over low heat. Sauté for 10 minutes, or until onion and bell pepper are tender. This move helps to break down the onions, which is necessary since they are used in the sauce.
Stir in the garlic and meat, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pale. Finally, stir in the red pepper flakes, sherry, basil, bay leaf, tomato paste, and chicken stock.
Simmer for 15-20 minutes, covered, over medium heat until chicken is soft, or longer. If you want a more reduced sauce in this easy recipes with chicken and bell peppers.
Just before eating, apply the vinegar or lemon juice, additional heavy cream, season to fit with pepper and salt, and garnish with fresh herbs.
Read More: How to be a Successful Mommy Blogger?
Chicken Fajitas with Bell Peppers
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, plus more for seasoning
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Chile powder
- Flour or corn tortillas, for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Add 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1-pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced in strips
- A 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- Add 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- Shredded cheese and sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Chopped avocado, chopped cilantro, and salsa or chopped tomatoes, for serving (optional)
Directions / Methods:
3 tablespoons vegetable oil, garlic, cinnamon, Chile powder, ground cumin, paprika, butter, and fresh lime juice in a shallow mixing bowl Remove from the equation.
In a big skillet, heat the oil over moderate heat. Stir in the chicken after adding the grease. Cook for 2 minutes, or when the chicken has caramelized slightly. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. After adding the onions and bell pepper in easy recipes with chicken and bell peppers.
Cook for another 2 minutes, or until the spice mixture is well mixed and it is cooked through. To taste, season with salt and pepper. Serve with tortillas and extra toppings if desired.
Read More: Chimichurri Recipe Jamie Oliver
Baked Chicken and Peppers
- Poultry: Breasts or legs that are boneless and skinless.
- Seasonings Include: salt, Black Pepper, Garlic clove
- Vegetables: chopped onion, finely chopped Brown or Portobello mushrooms, chopped Big bell peppers.
- Oil to Fry with: Coconut, avocado, olive, or grapeseed oil are also good options.
- Cheese: Any strong cheese will suffice. Cheddar, marble, gouda, or gruyere are all good options. Shred your own to avoid pre-shredded cheese.
- Garnishing: Add some finely chopped parsley as an optional garnish. Don’t worry if you don’t have it.
Break the chicken breasts in half stretched if you’re using them. Preheat the oven to 350°F and get your baking dish ready. You’ll need a large dish to accommodate all of your chicken as well as the tasty toppings.
Combine the chicken, salt, garlic, and pepper in a big baking dish and mix well. Mix it with your hands or tongs, ensuring all of the chicken bits are coated. Even if there isn’t much seasoning in this dish, chicken does need it!
Cover the dish with foil and cook until the chicken is fully cooked.
Get a big ceramic non-stick pan out and heat it when the chicken is frying. Pour in the oil and move it around to evenly cover it. Add the onion and sauté for a few minutes until it’s nice and sweet. Stir once in a while.
Split the chicken parts back to allow some vegetables to rest around as well as on top of the chicken. Cover each piece with a layer of sauteed vegetables, followed by a layer of cheese.
This easy recipes with chicken and bell peppers is equally delicious cold or sticky!